Medical devices, biomaterials, and related products need safety evaluation studies in the preclinical testing phase to obtain information about the biological response and their biocompatibility.
BLS has more than 10 years of experience in safety evaluation studies and biocompatibility testings and offers individual testing strategies which are often requested for new biomaterials, implantation sites and manufacturing methods.
- Coronary Stent Testings in Swines & Mini Pigs
- PFO & ASD Occluder Testing in Swines
- Cardiac Pacemaker Studies in Ovine
- Indwelling Catheter Studies in Goats & Pigs
- Bone Cement Testing in Rabbits
- Bone Scaffold Material Study in Rabbits
- Cartilage Substitute Testing in Rats
- Guided Bone Regeneration Material Testing in Rabbits
- Osteoarthritis Studies in Guinea Pigs
- Needle Free Injection System Study in Piglets
- Selection of tests for interactions with blood (ISO 10993-4)
- Tests for local effects after implantation (ISO 10993-6)
- Tests for Irritation and Skin Sensitization (ISO 10993-10)
- Tests for systemic toxicity (ISO 10993-11)